What to Consider When Choosing a Men’s JournalBefore you buy a journal, you must consider a few key factors when shopping to ensure you’re getting a good quality journal. Here are a few factors we considered when making our list of best personal journals for men.
Cover MaterialThe material used for the cover of your book is important because you’ll be handling it daily. Leather journals, while generally more expensive, are easy to clean and have a very distinct smell. Cloth covers are cheaper and have a classic feel to them, but they are prone to fading when exposed to sunlight over time and don’t handle water as well as leather does.
SizeJournals can come in varying sizes. Some come smaller so it’s more convenient to carry around with you all day. Consider where you will be taking your journal. If you’ll be journaling at home or work only, it’s not that important since it won’t be with you all day. If you’re travelling or pretty to write on-the-go, perhaps a smaller one will work better.
PromptsSome journals include prompts on the page or at least some pages. They’re useful for sparking creative flow when you’re experiencing writer’s block. They also encourage the most active use of your journal, considering you will open it and already have something to write about. Though the art of maintaining journals is considered an old-school affair, the trend is coming back due to the tremendous amounts of benefits it caters to.
10 Best Journals for Men in 2022Finally, let’s take a look at our list of cool journals for men to help you make an informed purchase.
Gratitude Journal for Men
- Journaling the gratitude section helps you focus on the good aspects of life.
- Less time-consuming.
- It makes a perfect gift for all age groups.
- It is ideal for developing the habit of maintaining journals as it is easy to maintain.
Thick Hardcover Ruled Notebook
- Good quality paper.
- Loop to place the pen.
- Simple design.
- It lays flat and doesn’t fold when left.
- Strong exterior.
C.R. Gibson Brown Bonded Leather Journal
- It has a classic look.
- The bookmark is ribbon-shaped for easy handling.
- It can be used for varied purposes by all age groups.
- The journal has an elastic closure.
- Available in different sizes and colors.
Daily Positivity Journal
- Interactive journal.
- It can be used as a tremendous habit-changing aid.
- Best gift for the ones you care for.
- Sleek design.
- It is supplemented by motivational quotes.
- A thirty-day reflection section – Journaling this section every day will help you understand your growth at the end of the month. It also will give an idea of what possible corrections can be made for further improvement.
- A six-month habit tracker – With the help of this section, you will be able to cultivate some good habits over time. The target or dream habit that you wish to develop can be decided at first and everyday progress towards achieving it can be recorded. Recording the development will make you feel accountable, and you will strive genuinely towards success.
Full Grain Leather Journal with String Wrap
- Classic appearance.
- It comes with a free magnetic pen.
- Great gift.
- Made with handmade paper for an enhanced experience.
- It is provided in a gift box.
Beechmore Books Ruled Journal
- Ergonomic design.
- Thicker paper.
- Durable binding.
- Elastic closure.
- Excellent presentation and classic appearance.
- Packed in a luxury box, making it a great gift.
Worry for Nothing Journal
- Prudent designing
- Helps in improving mental health
- Has various exercises that are approved and supported by therapists.
- Small size enables ease of carrying during traveling
- Great quality
Classic Notebook with Pen Loop
- Great quality product
- Has pockets with dividers for easy storage of papers or important cards
- Multipurpose usage
- Simple design
- Accompanied by pen holder
Refillable Travelers Leather Journal
- Environment friendly
- Great gift
LeStallion Journal for Men
- Coloured edging
- Thick paper quality
- Metal bookmark
- Content section for indexing
- Soft leather cover
- Storage pocket
Benefits of JournalingJournaling has many incredible benefits. Take a look at a few of the main reasons why you should consider buying a journal.
- Improved mental health – Journaling has been known to improve mental health by alleviating stress, anxiety, etc. Stress is mainly caused by trying to mount the problems and emotions within and not sharing them. Through journals, one can express and reduce the impact considerably.
- Organizational qualities – Maintaining a journal requires a lot of discipline. The journal needs to be updated with the details each and every day of the events. That discipline tends to be reflected in daily life too, and the person becomes more organized.
- Helps achieve goals – Experts suggest that if you intend to execute the planned goal, jot it down. Journaling your dreams can act as a reminder every day, and you will voluntarily plan your actions accordingly.
- Improves language – Writing your journal helps to improve your language with eventual practice. It improves the vocabulary too.
- Creative Growth – Journaling requires you to think and express your thoughts. This will eventually enhance your creative abilities and thinking capacity.
Notebooks vs. JournalsIf you don’t know the difference between notebooks and journals, it’s quite easy to understand. Notebooks and notepads are used for notetaking. They’re typically used to take meeting notes, make a quick plan for the day, or write something down to expand on it later. Journals are used for journaling. This involves writing about your thoughts and feelings so you can review them and understand them more clearly. Journaling is often recommended as a stress management activity, as it gives you time to slow down and process your thoughts. To be fair, you don’t need to pick a specific type of book to use for a specific type of activity. Some people find journaling in notebooks fine. Others prefer making notes in journals. It’s all about preference and how you want to use it.
Journaling allows you to organize your thoughts onto a piece of paper. Writing them down allows you to break them apart and work on them. For instance, if you have a problem that’s constantly circling on your mind, writing it down allows you to identify the origins and create a plan to address it.
To begin journaling, you must first buy a journal. Once you have a journal, you must form a habit of journaling consistently. For example, you can make a reminder in your calendar to journal for at least 20 minutes every day. Then, as time goes on, you can customize this habit to your liking.
If you feel that it’s hard to spark the creative juices when journaling, consider using prompts to give your brain a kickstart. Prompts give you a topic to write about so you don’t have to worry about thinking of one yourself.